Electronics Recycling and Junk Removal in Winona, MN Made Easy
Electronic waste, or E-waste- is one of the most commonly found wastes in our homes and offices today. According to a recent Consumer Electronics Association report, a typical American household has at least 28 electronic products ranging from mobile phones, computers, and televisions. Most of these devices get “dated” very fast, and needs to be replaced every few years. These old electronics can be a pain to deal with and to get rid of, majorly because they are extremely toxic and also holds the most recoverable value of raw materials.
At Junk Genius, we understand that throwing your e-waste to landfills is just not an option. We, therefore, have a well thought out electronics recycling process that ensures that your E-waste doesn’t end up polluting the environment. If you have phones, computers, keyboards, DVDs, stereo systems, fax machines, game consoles, scanners, and printers lying around in your Winona, MN home or office, get in touch with us today for reliable, eco-friendly junk removal services.
Why You Should Practice Responsible E-waste Disposal
In 2016, it was estimated that around 49 million tons of e-waste were discarded across the globe. This number is expected to snowball to 60 million tons by the year 2021. But why this upsurge in e-waste? The answer to this question is threefold.
· First, technology has become an integral part of our lives. We’re having more smart devices and more advanced appliances getting into the market every day, making yesterday’s gadgets obsolete at such a high rate.
· Meanwhile, the lifespan of these devices is getting shorter. Today, it is easier to buy a new product than to repair an old one.
· With the rapid advancement in technology, products that were only initially accessible to just a few people can now be bought at half the cost and are easily available to a growing middle class.
Surprisingly, these electronic devices are made of materials such as copper, silver, gold, palladium, platinum, cobalt, lithium, and other valuable elements. These precious materials can be reclaimed through electronics recycling. However, if tossed to the landfill, this e-waste also contains highly toxic substances such as mercury, lead, beryllium, PVC plastic and chemicals such as brominated flame retardants that are harmful to our health. They pose health hazards such as:
· Reproductive issues
· Damage to the nervous system
· Damage to the immune system
· Interference with regulatory hormones
· Kidney damage
· May lead to lung cancer
· Can hamper brain development in children
· DNA damage
· Endocrine system disruption
· Skin ailments
· Chronic beryllium disease
As a junk removal company, we at Junk Genius practices responsible electronics recycling and appliance removal that ensures that these items are recycled and do not end in the next landfill. By hiring us, you can be sure that you’ll be contributing positively towards the environment and the community around you. Your actions count a great deal.
· First, you’ll be consciously contributing to environmental sustainability. Recycling your e-waste ensures that valuable materials are properly disposed of and can even be used to make your next gadget.
· Health benefits. At Junk Genius, we understand how toxic your e-waste can be to our health. Materials such as lead and mercury will easily get into the air or leach to our underground water sources, and would potentially affect people living around these dumping grounds.
· Convenience. By hiring a responsible and experienced junk hauling company in Winona, MN, you can enjoy your new appliances and electronics and have the peace of mind knowing that your old electronics will be recycled, refurbished, or reused in the most convenient and eco-friendly way.
How Our Electronics Recycling Service Can Help You
At junk genius, we have over the years hauled tons of e-waste and recycled it in a green, responsible way. This way, we continue to protect the environment. We understand that electronic devices can have a lot of private and sensitive information. We, therefore, ensure that all data in these gadgets have been responsibly wiped out before recycling or disposing them.
We advise our clients to take measures that will safeguard their sensitive information to avoid cases where this data is inadvertently used for illegal purposes.
· For cell phones, always delete all personally identifiable information such as numbers, call history, emails. Ensure that you’ve removed the SIM card since it might hold your personal data.
· If you’re looking to get rid of your computer, ensure that you’ve formatted or destroyed your hard drives since it may contain records of your emails, image files, and documents.
However, if you’re not a techie, we will help you take the entire burden off your shoulders.
Call Us Today For Convenient Electronics Pick-Up & Recycling in Winona, MN
At Junk Genius, we offer secure and eco-friendly electronics recycling and e-waste junk removal in Winona, MN, that guarantee proper disposal of your old electronics and sensitive information. our main priority is to recycle, reuse and donate your unwanted items. Call us today to get a free quote and schedule your next electronics recycling and junk removal appointment.